«Dr. G. Baskaran, M.A, M.Phil, PhD. Associate Professor of English Gandhigram Rural Institute [Deemed University] Gandhigram – 624 302 India Phone: ...»
9. Lecture on “Non Verbal Communication” at V.H.N.S.N.College, Virudhunagar 20th December 2006.
10. Lecture on “Non-Verbal Communication “at Sri Vellaichamy Nadar College, Madurai 19th January 2007.
11. “Non-Verbal communication” lecture delivered at Latha Madavan Polytechnic College, Madurai 19th July 2008.
12. “New Literatures and Post Modernism” Lecture delivered at Government Arts College, Karur 28th October 2008.
13. “Gesture as an art of Communication” Lecture delivered at Kumarasamy College of Engineering College, Karur 28th October 2008.
14. “Communication for Technical Students” Lecture delivered at Sri Vidya College of Engineering & Technology, Virudhunagar 20th December 2008.
15. “Communication Skill Development” Lecture delivered at Devanga Arts College, Aruppukottai, 21st January 2009.
16. “Literary Theory and Criticism” Lecture delivered at Devanga Arts College, Aruppukottai, 21st January 2009.
17. “Commonwealth Literature”. Lecture delivered at M.T.N. College in Eliot’s Circle Program, Madurai. 6th January 2011.
18. “Essential English for Technical Students” lecture delivered at Unnamalai Institute of Technolgy at Kovilpatti. 5th March 2011.
19. “How to Cope up with a Situation” lectures delivered at M C A Department of VHNSN College. 19th March 2011.
20. “Relevance of Rabindranath Tagore in 21st Century” lecture delivered at Bishop Heber College, Trichy, 8th March 2012.
21. “Structuralism and Deconstruction” Lecture delivered at Arulmigu Palaniandavar College of Arts and Culture, Palani through Popular Lectures Series - GRI on 26th March 2012.
22. “Indian English Literature after 2005”, Lecture delivered at V O C College, Tuticorin on 5th September 2012.
1. Defining Postmodernism and Application” UGC Sponsored Refresher Course for Lecturers in English, at the Department of English, M.S. University, Tirunelveli 5 February 2002.
2. “Indian English Drama”, delivered at UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Commonwealth Literature, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul, 4 Dec 2002.
3. “The Post-Colonial Aspects in Recent Indian Fiction in English” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 18 February 2003.
4. “Scientific and Social Sciences Researchers Writing Tasks: A Study” UGC Sponsered Seminar-cum-Workshop on Developing A Model Syllabus for improving writing skills of researchers across disciplines in Annamalai University, March 15,16, 2005 5. “Modern Novel Theories” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 10 November 2005.
6. “What Hampers Writing and Speaking?” VPMM College of Arts and Science, Srivilliputhur, 16 December 2005.
7. “Narratology” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Madurai Kamaraj University, March 2007.
8. “Teaching Poetry and Post Colonial theory” delivered at Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education sponsored Orientation Course for Government College Teachers, 20th January 2008.
9. “Value Based Spiritual Education” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Madurai Kamaraj University, February 2008.
10. “Basic Communication” delivered at National Level Workshop for Polytechnic Staff, PACR Polytechnic, Rajapalayam, June 2008.
11. “Teaching Methodology” delivered at Latha Madhavan Polytechnic College, Madurai, July 2008.
12. “Literary Theory and Criticism” Lecture delivered at SSDN College of Arts and Science, Kovilpatti 19th March 2009.
13. “Inaugural Address on Spoken English” at the State Level Seminar for Students at MSS Wakf Board College, Madurai on 4th April 2009.
14. “Literary Theory and Criticism” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, February 2010.
15. “Mechanics of Writing” at TANSCHE sponsored National Seminar on Research Methods in Social Sciences held at VHNSN College, Virudhunagar on 6th & 7th August 2010.
16. “Problems in Teaching English to ESL Students”. Keynote Address at UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Issues and Challenges in Teaching English to Rural Students at ANJA College, Sivakasi on 20th and 21st December 2010.
17. “ELT Scenario and Postmodern Condition in TESL Situation” delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Bharathidasan University, Trichirappalli, 2nd October 2010.
18. “Technology Integrated Teaching of English” delivered at International Workshop on Teaching in English held at Anna University, Chennai, 14th & 15th December 2011.
19. “Postcolonial Literary Theory and Recent Writings in Indian Literature in English” Keynote address delivered at UGC Sponsored Workshop in Trends in Literary Criticism and Literary Theories organized by Department of English, G V G College for Women, Udumalpet on 10th September 2012.
20. “Hybridity and Its Consequences” delivered at UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Literary Theory organized by the Department of English, Lakshmipuram College, Monday Market, Nagerkoil on 21st September 2012.
21. “Projects and Funding Agencies: Languages” delivered at Anja College, Sivakasi on 31st August 2013.
22. “Diaspora and Postcolonialism” lecture delivered and chaired a session at a National Seminar in St Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai on 2nd September 2013.
23. “Postcolonialism and Feminism”. Keynote Address at a National Seminar organized by the Department of English, Dr. Umayal Ramanathan College for Women, Karaikudi on 11th October 2013.
24. “Postmodernism and Intertextuality” lecture delivered at UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in English organized by ASC, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai on 18th November 2013.
25. “Intertextuality and Application of Theory on Text” lecture delivered at UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in English organized by ASC, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. 30th November 2013.
26. “Language in Postcolonial Novels” Plenary lecture delivered at UGC Sponsored National Conference organized by Faculty of English & Foreign Languages, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. 31st January 2014.
27. “Theatre and English Language Learning”. Inaugural Address and Felicitations at M T N College, Madurai. 11th March 2014.
28. “Graphic Novels in American Literature”. Plenary lecture delivered at UGC Sponsored National Conference on American Literary Movements, organized by the Department of English, Annamalai University, Chidambaram on 28 and 29th March 2014.
29. “Plays on Lincoln, Gandhi and King Jr”. Lecture delivered at UGC sponsored National Conference on “Globalization Justice, Peace and Development – Rediscovering Licoln, Gandhi and King” organished by Department of Political Science, Gandhigram Rural Institute- Deemed University, Dindigal on 26th and 28th March 2014.
Lectures / Presentation Attended 1. “South Asians in North America” by Dr. Amritjit Singh, Rhode Island, USA at the American College, Madurai 24 January 2002.
2. Poetry Reading by Sujata Bhat, at the American College, Madurai 15 September 2000.
1. English Language Lab, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar.
2. Research Academic (Humanities) VHNSN College, Virudhunagar. 2008 –’11.
3. Convocation Committee – 2004 to till date 4. “English for Beginners” Jan – March 2010.
Chairman: Board of Question Setters
1. Best Teacher Award from Rotary Club of Virudhunagar Buss Town 2008.
2. Best Teacher Award from VHNSN College, 2009 – 2010.
Board of Examination Universities
1. M.Phil. Examiner in Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore and Kannur University, Kannur, Kerala.
2. B.A., and M.A., Examiner in Annamalai University, Bharathiyar University, Bharathidhasan University, Thiruvalluvar University, Alagappa University, Periyar University, Mother Theresa University, Calicut University, University of Kerala, MG University, Kerala. Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram, Dindigal. Tiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
1. B.A., and M.A., Examiner in Government College, Coimbatore, American College, Madurai, PSGR Krishnaammal College for Women, Coimbatore, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Lady Doak College, Madurai, Fatima College, Madurai, Madura College, Madurai, Vivekanandha College, Thiruvedakam, Madurai, NGM College, Pollachi, Scott Christian College, Nagarkoil Subjects Handled (BA/MA/M.Phil)
• Indian Literature in English
• American Literature
• British Literature
• Austrian Literature
• Canadian Literature
• Post Colonial Theories and Practices
• Translation Studies
• European Classics in Translation
• Comparative Literature
• Science Fiction
• Research Methodology Extension Activities
• Handled Communication classes for Polytechnic Students and developed resources for our college.
• Handling Communication classes for MSc/MCA/MBA/ MSc[IT&M] students from 2005.
• Workshop on Writing Skills conducted for UDC/Assistants of GRI on 16th September 2012.
• Conducted Communication based Guidance Program for MCA, MBA, M.SC., Students
• Conducted Group Discussion and Body Language Programs for PG Students.
• Conducted Coaching Classes for SC / ST / BC Students for BSRB / SSC Exams.
• Special Coaching Classes for Part II English Students since 1990 to 2012 at VHNSN College, Virudhunagar.
• Have applied for UGC project to conduct SC/ST coaching classes.
Adjudicator Phd Theses
• Foreign Languages University, University of Kerala, Pondicherry Central University, Bharathiar University, Bharathidasan University, Bharathidasan University,