«Dr. G. Baskaran, M.A, M.Phil, PhD. Dean & Professor of English Gandhigram Rural Institute [Deemed University] Gandhigram – 624 302 India Phone: (O) ...»
36. Sudha Parimala, “The Autobiographical Elements in Ruskin Bond’s Select Short Stories”, Virudhunagar: VHNSN College, 2002-03.
37. Kannan, I. “Anita Desai’s Games at Twilight and Diamund Dust: A Study of Motives and Methods”, Virudhunagar: VHNSN College, 2002-03.
38. Jeyachitra, A. “Anand Coomaraswamy’s The Dance of Shiva: A Critical Analysis”.
Virudhunagar: VHNSN College, Oct 2002.
39. Senthil Kumar, R: “Translation of Vikram Seth’s From Heaven Lake”, Virudhunagar:
VHNSN College, 2002-2003
40. Lavanya, R. “The Works of Anita Nair: A Thematic Study”. Virudhunagar: VHNSN College, 2002-2003
41. Vidhya, Y. “Terrorism as Millennium Satan and Vampire in the Select Novels of Nayantra Sahgal, Joseph Conrad and Shashi Tharoor”, Virudhunagar: VHNSN College, Nov 2003.
Ph.D Public Viva-Voce Exam Conducted
1. Ms. S. Gayathri. “Developing English Language and Literary Competence at Tertiary Level through Reading: An Experimental Study”. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
26th February 2015.
2. Bishop Heber’s College, Trichy. 21st February 2015.
3. Ms. Gomez Sophia, “Anita Desai and Toni Morrison: A Comparative Study of Women in the Select Novels”. Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal. 6th February 2015.
4. Ramesh Kumar, R. “Freedom as a Basic Human Value in the Novels of Nayantra Sahgal”. Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College, Trichy. 7th January 2015.
5. Thayalumurthy, P. “Bama’s Novels”. Annamalai University, Chidambaram. 30th December 2014.
6. Shibila, K. “Illusion and Reallity in Select Novels of Virginia Woolf”. Thanjavur: PRIST University, 13th October 2014.
7. Balu Subesh. “Methodical Management of English Language Skills in Colleges: A Powerful Mechanism for Second Language Acquisition”. National College, Trichirappalli. 9th August 2014.
8. Chitra, K. “Survival Strategies in Relationship in Shashi Deshpande’s Oeuvres ”. Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal. 28th July 2014.
9. Kaviarasu, “Nature and People: An Okiopoetics Study of Select Works of R. K.
Narayan”. Bishop Heber College, Trichy. 23rd July 2014
10. Rajeswari, R. “The Major Poems of Walt Whitman, Langston Hughes and Rita Dove: A Study of Critical and Comparative Study of Selfhood, Christian Symbolism and Gestalt”.
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. 11th July 2014.
11. Ms. Sha Begam. “Amitav Ghosh’s Novels: A Reading”. Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal. 22nd January 2014.
12. Nova Bright. “Robustness of Reading among the ESL Learners”. Bishop Heber College, Trichy. 3rd January 2014.
13. Edith, Edna. “”. Scott Christian College, Nagarcoil. 30th August 2013.
14. Sudha Rani, S. “Ataxia, Technophobia, Dystopia: A Critique of Kurt Vannegut’s Vision of Future”. M.S. University, Tirunelveli. July, 2013.
15. Latha. V. Periyar E V R College, Tiruchirappalli 26th November 2011.
16. Ms. P. Radah. “Contemporaneity in the Select Novels of Amitav Ghosh.” Periyar E V R College, Tiruchirappalli 26th November 2011.
17. Ms. Minny. “” Periyar E V R College, Tiruchirappalli 21st January 2011.
18. Mr. Mathialagan. “Teaching Soft Skills Listening and Speaking to ESL Students at the Tertiary Level”. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. 20th December 2010.
19. Ms. K. Chitra. “Spirit of Biocentricism: An Ecocritical Study of Select Indian English Novels in English”. Government College, Coimbatore. 4th October 2010.
20. Ms. R. Indrani. “The Dialectics of Apartheid: A Study of the Select Novels of Nadine Gardiner from a Postcolonial Perspective”. Government College, Coimbatore. 20th August 2010.
21. Ms. Cenu Nair. “Feminism in Select Novels of Arundhathi Roy and Meena Alexander” M.S. University, Tirunelveli April -2009.
22. Christopher Ramesh,V. “In Search of the Promised Land: The Wandering Jews’ Odyssey and Compromise in the novels of Saul Bellow”, Pollachi: NGM College,2008.
23. Mohamed Rafig, M.H. “The Persona and the Self Portrait of Maya Angelou, the Phenomenal Woman”. Trichy: EVR College, 2008.
24. Veena,R. “Towards Cosmopolitanism: A Study of Rita Dove’s Poetry”. Chidambaram:
Annamalai University, 2008.
25. Umadevi,V. “Expatriate Experience in the Novel’s of Bharati Mukharjee: A Study”.Coimbatore: Govt Arts College, 2008.
26. Mr. Devadass, “Experience and Expression in Jhumpa Lahiri’s Interpreter of Maladies”.
Coimbatore: Govt Arts College, 28th Jan 2008.
27. Mrs. Rajeshwari, “Woman as Metaphor: A Study of Select Shashi Deshpande’s Novels”, Coimbatore: Bharathiar University, October 2007.
M.Phil Viva-Voce Conducted
1. Usha Bharathi, M. “Theme of Dissonance and Despair in Anita Desai’s Cry, the Peacock and Where Shall We Go This Summer?. Trichi: Bishop Heber College, Aug 2002.
2. Balashanmuga Priya, M. “The Life Annihilation Life Assertion Dialectic in Gita Mehta’s River Sutra: A Study”. Trichi: Bharathidasan University. Aug. 2002.
3. Roy, Cynthia. “True Courage: A Study of Bertold Brecht’s Mother Courage’, Trichi:
Bishop Heber College, Nov 2001.
4. Horizan Prasanna Kumar, S. “The Theme of Violence in the Selected Novels of Joseph Coward: Annamalainagar: Annamalai University. Dec 2001
5. E.Mekala, E. “Richard Wright as a Social Critic, “Annamalainagar Annamalai University. Sep. 2001.
6. Vinodhini, G. “Emily Dickinson’s Dark Comedy”, Annamalainagar: Annamalai University, April 2000.
7. Aruna Rani I.G. “Pioneering Theme in Willa Cather’s Novels: O’ Pioneers! The Song of the Lark and My Antonia: Annamalainagar: Annamalai University, Dec 2000.
8. Bina Jessica, G. Black Womanism in Alice Walker’s Meridian and The Color Purple.
Trichi: Bharathidasan University April 1998.
Thesis Evaluated (M.Phil Regular)
1. Begum, R. Sha. “Treatment of Motherhood in Select Novels of Toni Morrison.” Annamalainagar: Annamalai University, July 2004.
2. Fathima, Sarah S. “Social Vision in V.S. Naipaul’s Travelogues of India: An Area of Darkness and India: A Wounded Civilization” Madurai: Thiagarajar College, May 2004.
3. Saradhambika, K. “The Impact of Colonialism of Middle Class Society: A Study of Amitav Ghosh’s The Glass Palace,” Tirunelveli: M.S. University, March 2004
4. J.Jayakumar. “Theme of Alienation in the Novels of Arun Joshi”, Annamalainagar:
Annamalai University, July 2004.
5. M.Vasuki “Black Consciousness in the Novels of Alice Waller: A Study”, Annamalainagar: Annamalai University, December 2004.
6. Sahayarani Shanthi, X. “A Study of Maya Angelou’s Autobiography as an Expression of a Phenomenal Woman”. Madurai: Thiagarajar College, July 2002.
7. Vimalesan, S. “Tradition and Modernity in R.K. Narayan’s The Guide”, Trichi: Bishop Heber College, August 2002.
8. Vanitha, J. “Themes of Casteism and Class Struggle in Select Novels of Mulk Raj Anand”, Madurai: M.K. University, April 2001.
9. Chandravadana, J. “Chitra Banerjee Divakarruni’s The Mistress of Spices and Sister of
My Heart: A Study from a Feminist Perspective. Trichi: Bharathidasan University, 2001Anitha, G. “The Workings of the Mind in Selected Novels of D.H.Lawrence” Chennai:
Pachaiyappa’s College, Nov. 2000.
Invited Lectures Delivered 1. “ICT for Language Teaching”. Lecture delivered for English Teachers of Dindigul District on 3rd September 2015 at Nehru Memorial School, Dindigul, organized by RMSA in association with District Education Office, Dindigul.
2. “Academic Writing for Science Scholars” lecture delivered at Dept of Biology, GRI-DU, on 6th April 2015.
3. “Indian English Writing”, lecture delivered at State Level Students’ Seminar, organized by the Research Centre in English, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar on 6th March 2015.
4. “ELT and Dramatic Texts” lecture delivered at the Research Centre in English, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar on 10th February 2015.
5. “Diasporic Writings”. Inaugural Address at LITEROCEAN 2014, organished by SAC Women’s College, Cumbum on 8th October 2014.
6. “Principles of Translation”, Keynote Address at UG & PG Literary Association at SRNM College, Sattur on 9th September 2014.
7. “Communication: Fears and Solutions”. Lecture delivered at Sri Ram Nallamani Yadava College of Arts and Science, Tenkasi on 15th February 2014.
8. “Postcolonial Literature”. Inaugural Address for PG Literary Association at Scott Christian College, Nagarkoil on 30th August 2013.
9. “Motivation and Language Learning”, Lecture delivered at G T N Arts College, Dindigal on 2nd July 2013.
10. “Recent Indian Fiction in English”, Lecture delivered at Sourastra College, Madurai on 10th October 2012.
11. “Lectures on Gayathri Spivak Chakrabarthy’s Essay” delivered at Holy Cross College, Nagerkoil during a National Seminar organized by the Department of English.
12. “Of Mistakes and Solutions in Thesis Writing” lecture for GRI scholars organized by IQAC and FEFL, GRI.
13. “Indian English Literature after 2005”, Lecture delivered at V O C College, Tuticorin on 5th September 2012.
14. “Structuralism and Deconstruction” Lecture delivered at Arulmigu Palaniandavar College of Arts and Culture, Palani through Popular Lectures Series - GRI on 26th March 2012.
15. “Relevance of Rabindranath Tagore in 21st Century” lecture delivered at Bishop Heber College, Trichy, 8th March 2012.
16. “How to Cope up with a Situation” lectures delivered at M C A Department of VHNSN College. 19th March 2011.
17. “Essential English for Technical Students” lecture delivered at Unnamalai Institute of sTechnolgy at Kovilpatti. 5th March 2011.
18. “Literature and Society”. Lecture delivered at Literary Association Meeting organished by the Department of English, Sri Meenakshi Govt Arts College for Women, Madurai on 19th January, 2011 19. “Commonwealth Literature”. Lecture delivered at M.T.N. College in Eliot’s Circle Program, Madurai. 6th January 2011.
20. “Inaugural Address” delivered at English Literary Association, S F R College for Women, Sivakasi on 13th July 2010.
21. “Research and Consultancy” lecture delivered at a One Day State Level Seminar on “Total Quality Management in Higher Education” organized by Kamaraj College, Thoothukudi on 19th April 2010 22. “Teaching Communication Skills to Students in Rural Colleges”. Lecture delivered at Sri Raghavendra Arts & Science College, Chidambaram on 29th March 2010.
23. “Communication Disabilities”. Lecture delivered at “Fluency Eye Opener 2010” program organized by Department of English, Syed Hameedha Arts & Science College, Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram on 23rd January 2010.
24. “Spoken English” delivered at State Level Seminar on Spoken English, organized by the Department of English, M S S Wakf Board College, Madurai on 4th April 2009.
25. “Literary Theory and Criticism” Lecture delivered at Devanga Arts College, Aruppukottai, 21st January 2009.
26. “Communication Skill Development” Lecture delivered at Devanga Arts College, Aruppukottai, 21st January 2009.
27. “Communication for Technical Students” Lecture delivered at Sri Vidya College of Engineering & Technology, Virudhunagar 20th December 2008.
28. “Gesture as an art of Communication” Lecture delivered at Kumarasamy College of Engineering College, Karur 28th October 2008.
29. “New Literatures and Post Modernism” Lecture delivered at Government Arts College, Karur 28th October 2008.
30. “Non-Verbal communication” lecture delivered at Latha Madavan Polytechnic College, Madurai 19th July 2008.
31. Lecture on “Non-Verbal Communication “at Sri Vellaichamy Nadar College, Madurai 19th January 2007.
32. Lecture on “Non Verbal Communication” at V.H.N.S.N.College, Virudhunagar 20th December 2006.
33. Lecture on “Indian Writing in English” at Devanga Arts College, Aruppukottai. 24th March 2006.
34. Lecture on Chitra Baneerjee Divakarunai’s Mistress of Spices, VVV College for Women, Virudhunagar.
35. Lecture / Workshop on “Communicative English” at VPPM Arts and Science College for Women, Krishnankoil – 626 190. 16th December 2005
36. Lecture on “Approaches to Literature”, GTN Arts College, Dindigul, 29 March 2005.
37. Lecture on Commonwealth Literature”, delivered at Arulmigu Palaniandavar Arts College for Women, Palani 14 Feb 2004 38. “Communication” at SRNM College, Sattur August 2002.
39. Guest Lecture on “Indian Writing in English” at Nadar Saraswathi College, Theni, August 2001.
40. Lecture on Communicative English” at VPPM.Muthiah Pillai College of Arts & Science, Srivilliputtur, February 2001.
1. “Resistance as a Social Issue in Indian Writing in English”. Valedictory Address delivered at National Seminar on “Social Perspectives in Indian Writing in English” organized by the Department of English, ANJA College, Sivakasi. 31st July 2015.
2. “From the ‘Other’ to the ‘Others’: Journey towards the Mainstream Writing”. Plenary Lecture delivered at National Seminar on “Dalit Writings: Resistance and Restructuring” organized by the Department of English, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar. 27th July 2015.
3. “Marginalization in Indian Writing in English”, lecture delivered at National Seminar on Marginalization in English Writings, organized by The Research Centre in English, Arignar Anna College, Krishnagiri, 10th April 2015.
4. “Concepts and Cultural Practices: Comparative and Cultural Studies”. delivered at UGC sponsored Refresher Course in English, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, 10th January 2015.